Thg 06 29, 21
0 phút đọc
10 Ways to Reduce Plastic Use in Everyday Life
Bởi Marina Tran-Vu
1. Buy A Reusable Water BottleGet a really nice reusable water bottle so that you are drawn to using it. This will help you stop buying bottled water and reduce the amount of plastic waste that comes with every 20 ounces you drink.
2. Bring Your Own Shopping BagStock your car with reusable shopping bags so that you never forget to bring them to the grocery store. You can reduce your plastic waste by avoiding plastic bags and packing groceries in your own fabric bags.
3. Change Your Storage SystemStore food in a new way! Stop going to Ziploc bags for all your storage needs; try stainless steel containers, glass jars, or mason jars for storing leftover foods and snacks.
4. Say No To Single-Use Straws
Find a plastic straw alternative for when you visit restaurants, bars, and get take out. Companies now make environmentally friendly straws that work just as well. EQUO’s plasticless straws hold up for hours in liquid and can even be used for hot drinks, smoothies, and boba!
>> Read More:
- 7 Best Types Of Biodegradable Straws: Eco-Friendly & Compostable
- 5 Best Compostable Straws On The Market
- Compostable Vs. Reusable Straws: Which One Is The Best Eco-Friendly Alternative
- 10 Best Reusable & Sustainable Straws: Eco Friendly Choices
5. Bring Reusable Coffee Mugs & Soda CupsInstead of getting those plastic soda cups and styrofoam coffee cups with plastic lids, bring your own reusable coffee mug or soda cup in and get refills anywhere you go. Oftentimes, stores even provide you with a discount for choosing a reusable cup instead of a disposable one.
6. Check Your Soaps & ScrubsMany people don’t even realize that the soaps and scrubs they use in the shower have small pieces of plastic in them that trickle down the drown. Check your soap and if you see anything called polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, or polylactic acid, it’s time to switch.
7. Choose Plastic-Free SunscreenMuch like our soaps and scrubs, some sunscreens contain microplastics. It’s important to choose a sunscreen that is “ocean safe” or “plastic-free” to avoid adding even more microplastics to the ocean.
8. Choose Paper Packaging When PossibleWhen paper packaging is available, make it your first choice! Many grocery stores have tortilla chips packaged in paper bags, and bulk bins full of cereals that you can store in your own paper packaging.
9. Switch To A Stainless Steel SippyFor a sippy cup that is sure to last, switch to stainless steel. They are reusable, tough, and plastic-free.
10. Try Reusable Cloth Diapers
If you are really feeling the plastic-free lifestyle, perhaps it is time to try reusable cloth diapers and ditching disposable plastic diapers. Many moms that have switched promise it is not as bad as it sounds!
Tags: plant-based compostable straws, biodegradable straws, compostable straws, biodegradable compostable straws, buy biodegradable straws, where to buy biodegradable straws, compostable drinking straws, eco friendly biodegradable straws, eco compostable straws, biodegradable straw, compostable straw