Thg 02 2, 24
0 phút đọc
How To Make Flowers From Plastic Straws: Super Simple, Anyone Can Do
Bởi Son Vu
Plastic straws are a familiar item in everyday life. However, did you know that plastic straws can also be recycled into beautiful flowers? With the simple and detailed instructions from EQUO below, you can turn plastic straws into unique and impressive flowers.
1. Lavender flowers
With just a few simple steps, you can make your lovely lavender flowers from plastic straws. Lavender has a gentle, elegant purple color, bringing a feeling of relaxation and comfort. You can place lavender in the living room, bedroom, or desk to decorate and beautify the space.
To make lavender from plastic straws, you need to prepare the following materials:
- Purple plastic straws.
- Plastic sticks or green plastic straws.
- Green paper.
- Zinc frame.
- Two-sided tape.
How to make lavender flowers with straws is very simple, just need a little skill and meticulousness and you can make beautiful flowers yourself.
- Step 1: Flatten the purple straws and thread the wire inside to create a shape.
- Step 2: Use scissors to cut the straws one by one as shown in the picture (do not cut off) until the end of the straw.
- Step 3: Use green plastic sticks or green straws with wire threaded to make branches. From top to bottom, wrap the cut purple plastic straw around the green plastic tube until the end.
- Step 4: You can edit and reshape to your liking by using the excess wire to wrap securely around the green plastic tube, then cut off the excess steel.
- Step 5: To create the leaves for the lavender flower, trim the green plastic straw into a leaf shape, then stick it tightly to the flower you just made in step 4 with tape.
Lavender flowers made from straws are simple but extremely pretty and lovely. With this simple method, you can make lavender flowers yourself to decorate your home or as gifts for relatives and friends.
>> Read More:
- Plant-Based Biodegradable Straws
- 20+ Recycled Plastic Straw Ideas: Simple and Easy to Do
- 10 DIY Plastic Straw Toys For Kids
- What Are Plastic Straws? Pros, Cons - Hazards, Bans, Recycling
- The Importance And Process Of Recycling Plastic Waste
Roses are beautiful flowers and symbolize love and romance. Making roses with straws is very simple, with just a few easy-to-find materials, you can create beautiful and long-lasting roses.
To make roses from plastic straws, you need to prepare the following materials:
- 3 straw colors: yellow, white, green.
The steps are very simple, just a little meticulous and skillful and you can do it.
- Step 1: Use scissors to flatten the yellow and white straws.
- Step 2: Cross the yellow tube over the back of the white tube and vice versa, creating a diagonal loop between the two types of tubes. Do this twice to form a semi-circular hemisphere, with the upper tube bent against the lower tube.
- Step 3: From the edge of the hemisphere, fold it in half like a triangle so that the edge of the straw is right in the middle.
Step 4: From the middle, continue to fold in half to the remaining edge. At this point, you have finished filling the rose. The remaining task is to arrange the petals.
- Step 5: You repeat the previous operation. Fold the top of the straw over the bottom, but this time, you need to fold it around to create the center of the flower. Be sure to keep your hands steady and expand the size more than when you folded the filling. Repeat this process until you have used all the straws.
- Step 6: With the excess straw, use scissors to cut it neatly and tuck it between the petals. So you've finished making the rose!
- Step 7: Make the stem and sepals: Use scissors to cut the tip of the green straw into many vertical petals, each petal is trimmed to a sharp tip and smoothed to create a curve.
- Step 8: Tighten the rose stem and insert it into the middle of the sepal, using glue to firmly fix it. So you have completed 8 steps to make beautiful roses from recycled straws!
In short, making roses with straws is not too difficult, you just need a little skill and meticulousness to do it. Lovely roses will be a meaningful gift for loved ones. Let's try this method to create beautiful roses!
3. Gerbera flowers
Making gerbera flowers from plastic straws is a simple, easy-to-do craft activity. With just a little ingenuity, you can create beautiful gerbera flowers to decorate your home, work corner, or as a gift.
To make gerbera flowers from plastic straws, you need to prepare the following materials:
- 1 bag of colorful straws.
- 1 roll of adhesive tape.
- 1 bottle of 502 glue.
- Green paper.
- Small zinc wire.
- Blue ribbon.
- 1 small piece of large iron wire.
- Glass beads.
- Glue Guns.
- Cotton wrapped in white cloth.
With just a few simple steps, you can make your lovely gerbera flowers, bringing fresh colors to your living space.
- Step 1: Cut each straw into 4 equal segments, use scissors to bevel one end of the straw into a cone shape, and divide that segment in half to make chrysanthemum petals. Do the same until you have used up all the tubes you have prepared.
- Step 2: Use a sewing needle to thread a small wire through the flower petals, sewing them together. Bend the iron wire into a circle to create a flower shape, and tie the two ends of the iron wire tightly. If you want a flower with many layers of petals, stagger the petals into two rows, one high row and one low row.
- Step 3: Use a cotton ball wrapped in a white cloth, spray glue around the cotton ball, and dip it into a bowl of glass beads to make the pistil. Insert the pistil through the small hole in the middle of the flower. Use wire to secure a large piece of iron wire to form the flower stem.
- Step 4: Cut a piece of blue paper into a small circle. Fold that circle in half, and continue folding it into 4, 6, and 8. Cut in the bottom to form a flower with many petals.
- Step 5: Use a glue gun to firmly attach the blue flower to the bottom part of the gerbera flower. Spray glue on the body, and thread a straw into the big iron tree trunk. Roll in the blue ribbon and you're done.
By making gerbera flowers with straws, with just a little ingenuity and meticulousness, you can create beautiful and meaningful handmade items. Try your hand at creating unique flowers with your imprint!
4. Some tips to help you make flowers from plastic straws more beautiful
Making flowers from plastic straws is an interesting and rewarding craft activity that not only helps you take advantage of recycled materials but also creates beautiful decorations for the home. However, to make beautiful and delicate flowers, you need to keep in mind the following tips:
4.1. Choose the appropriate type of straw
On the market today there are many types of plastic straws with different sizes, colors, and materials. Depending on the type of flower you want to make, choose the appropriate straw.
If you want to make flowers with thin, soft petals, choose straws with a small diameter. On the contrary, if you want to make flowers with large, thick petals, choose straws with a large diameter.
4.2. Use colorful straws
Using colorful straws is a simple but effective way to make your flowers more lively and eye-catching. You can combine colors to your liking or according to the theme of the decoration you want to make.
4.3. Decorate flowers with other materials
In addition to plastic straws, you can use other materials to decorate flowers, such as:
- Wire: Wire helps you shape flowers and fix them to other decorative items.
- Glue: Glue helps you attach the petals.
- Beads, glitter, stones: These materials help you decorate flowers to make them more sparkling and eye-catching.
For example, you can use wire to shape the pistil, use glue to attach the petals and use beads, glitter, and stones to decorate the flower.
Above are some tips to help you make flowers from plastic straws more beautiful. Use these tips to create beautiful, unique flowers for your home!
EQUO natural straw collection: The perfect environmentally friendly solution to replace plastic straws
All EQUO straw products are made from natural ingredients such as rice, grass, sugarcane bagasse, coffee grounds, and coconut, etc., and are 100% free of plastic or other toxic chemicals. These straws can completely decompose in the environment in 3-6 months, not only protecting the environment but also ensuring consumer safety, suitable for all types of drinks. EQUO is proud to provide all of the above solutions to replace traditional plastic straws, contributing to reducing the amount of inorganic waste, especially plastic straws, which can take several hundred years to completely decompose.
- Grass straws: Made from grass, with natural green color, is an environmentally friendly solution.
- Rice straws: Manufactured from 100% rice starch and tapioca starch. Colored from vegetable juice and biodegradable, safe for health.
- Coffee straws: Made from coffee grounds, completely plastic-free, not only environmentally friendly but also have the characteristic aroma of coffee.
- Sugarcane straw: Made from sugarcane bagasse, has a light sweet aroma, biodegradable, and does not change the flavor of the drink.
- Coconut straws: Manufactured from 100% fermented coconut water, has good elasticity, insoluble in water.
To refer to detailed information on the above products you can visit:
In addition to the ways to make flowers from plastic straws that EQUO has instructed, you can create many other flower styles according to your preferences. Take advantage of discarded plastic straws to make lovely decorative flowers, and use natural straws instead of plastic straws to help reduce plastic waste in the environment. EQUO is a reputable brand, with straws that are durable, odorless, non-toxic, safe for health, and environmentally friendly. EQUO will always accompany you on this journey to protect the environment!